HomeTacticalIran Warns Will Take The War “Beyond The Region” If Trump Restarts...

Iran Warns Will Take The War “Beyond The Region” If Trump Restarts Attacks

Published on

Featured

Ebola Outbreak’s “Scale And Speed” Worry WHO, As Deaths Rise Sharply

The current Ebola outbreak is worrying the World Health Organization’s chief as the “scale...

US-Nigeria Joint Operation Kills 175 Islamic Militants

The United States and Nigeria conducted a joint operation in which 175 members of...

This article was originally published by Tyler Durden at ZeroHedge. 

Ali Vaez, director of the Iran Project at the International Crisis Group, has summed up where things stand: “Since the ceasefire came into effect, both Washington and Tehran appear to be operating under the illusion that time is on their side,” he said. “Each seems to believe that the blockade and counter-blockade in the Strait of Hormuz impose greater costs on the other, while offering a breathing space to regroup for a possible resumption of hostilities,” Vaez told Al Jazeera.

On Wednesday, Iran’s Revolutionary Guards issued a fresh warning amid this ongoing standoff, warning that the Middle East war will extend beyond the region if the United States and Israel resume their attacks.

via Shutterstock

“If the aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will this time spread far beyond the region, and our devastating blows will crush you,” the IRGC says in the statement published on their website, Sepah News.

The warring sides are no closer to getting back to the negotiating table, after President Trump has given just a few ‘days’ to comply on the nuclear issue, which so far, Tehran has not budged on.

But in the meantime, Iran still sees American guarantees as “insufficient” regarding a renewed war, Al Arabiya reports Wednesday. The Supreme Leader, who is still in hiding and believed to be recovering from serious injuries that resulted from prior airstrikes, has issued a fresh written message to the public:

Mojtaba Khamenei has commemorated the second anniversary of the death of former President Ebrahim Raisi in a helicopter crash, saying the country is putting up a “unique historical resistance against two global terrorist armies” in Israel and the US, the Fars News Agency reports. 

In another written statement, Khamenei said the war was making the burden on officials “heavier than before”, adding that he was grateful for the “unity of the nation”.

In the Strait of Hormuz, there’s been a continued trickle of tankers making it through, reportedly after Beijing asked:

Two Chinese tankers laden with oil exited the Strait of Hormuz on Wednesday, shipping data showed, brightening hopes that the US-Israeli conflict with Iran may soon be ​resolved after positive comments from the US president and his deputy.

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday the war would be over “very quickly” while Vice President JD Vance talked up progress in talks with Tehran about an agreement to end hostilities.

And reports of a South Korean tanker safely traversing at this point:

A South Korean oil tanker is currently passing through the Strait of Hormuz, the country’s top diplomat said on Wednesday, in a report from AFP.

“At this very moment, our oil tanker is passing through the Strait of Hormuz,” Foreign Minister Cho Hyun told lawmakers at the National Assembly in Seoul.

Ship-tracking site MarineTraffic showed the South Korea-flagged tanker Universal Winner on the eastern side of the Strait of Hormuz near the entrance to the Gulf of Oman, bound for the southeastern South Korean city of Ulsan after departing Kuwait’s Mina Al-Ahmadi port.

As a reminder of prior Trump threats this week, and the typically vague timetable, the president on Tuesday renewed warnings that he could imminently resume bombing Iran, declaring the country will face a “big hit” if it refuses to accept US demands for a deal within days.

“Well, I mean, I’m saying two or three days, maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday, something, maybe early next week, a limited period of time, because we can’t let them have a new nuclear weapon,” Trump told reporters. Trump had said the day prior that he was “holding off” on striking Iran after requests from Gulf Arab states. Then he followed by claiming the attack was moments away from being launched. “We were all set to go… It would have been happening right now.”

*  *  *

More latest developments via Newsquawk:

  • A US intelligence assessment recently showed that US forces identified at least 10 mines in the Strait of Hormuz, according to CBS, citing US officials.
  • The US Senate voted 50-47 to advance a war powers resolution that would end US strikes on Iran unless approved by Congress.
  • Iran’s IRGC said that if the attack on Iran occurs again, the war will extend beyond the region, Fars News reported.
  • Iranian Deputy to the President Banah said Tehran is open to negotiations within national interests, Al Mayadeen reported.
  • Iranian Foreign Minister Araghchi said months after the start of the war with Iran, the US Congress acknowledged the loss of dozens of aircraft worth billions, and Iran’s powerful Armed Forces are confirmed as the first to strike down a touted F-35, while he added that with lessons learned and the knowledge they gained, a return to war will feature many more surprises.
  • Iran-Pakistan cooperation had declined/stopped over the past two weeks, Al Arabiya and Al Hadath reported, citing a senior diplomatic source. A diplomatic source says Iran and Pakistan held conflicting positions on negotiation channels and the venue for talks, and says mistrust was affecting coordination between Iran and Pakistan.
  • Pakistan’s Interior Minister Naqvi is en route to Tehran, according to Journalist Mallick.
  • “On the verge of a decision: Trump and Netanyahu held a phone conversation last night that was described as “lengthy and dramatic,” according to journalist Segal.
  • Two Chinese supertankers, carrying 4mln barrels of oil, exited the Strait of Hormuz on Wednesday, according to tracking data. It was later reported that India was preparing to send oil tankers through the Strait of Hormuz following prior reports regarding the Chinese tankers.

Read the full article here

Latest articles

I Fly With Guns Almost Every Week. Here’s What I Told CCW Safe About Doing It Right.

Key Takeaways The podcast discusses flying with firearms, addressing common fears and regulations. TSA rules and...

Federal Court Drives a Stake Through New York’s “Vampire Rule,” But Won’t Touch the Park Ban

Key Takeaways A federal appeals court struck down New York’s ‘Private Property Provision,’ banning carry...

Oil Plummets As NATO Mulls Hormuz Deployment If Strait Not Open By July

This article was originally published by Tyler Durden at ZeroHedge.  In a huge and unexpected...

Do You Hate Your Job?

Watch full video on YouTube

More like this

The Ebola Outbreak is More Concerning Than The Hantavirus

While the risk of Ebola and hantavirus to Americans is low, the World Health...

Ebola Outbreak’s “Scale And Speed” Worry WHO, As Deaths Rise Sharply

The current Ebola outbreak is worrying the World Health Organization’s chief as the “scale...

US-Nigeria Joint Operation Kills 175 Islamic Militants

The United States and Nigeria conducted a joint operation in which 175 members of...